Saturday, June 12, 2010

Never truly satisfied

"We never stop investigating. We are never satisfied that we know enough to get by. Every question we answer leads on to another question. This has become the greatest survival trick of our species."

For a little while I thought I knew everything, now I realize I know nothing, and while I know nothing, I don't think anyone else knows much either.

The more I learn, the less I know.

We do know some things however. We know who we are because of our choices, we know where we want to go because of our hopes and goals, but do we know where we are now? Or are we just mindlessly stuck in this routine, like a B-rated movie, where we already know the ending.

Step 1 of Self-Actualization: Experience things fully, vividly, selflessly.

Throw yourself into the experience of something, let it take you fully. At the very least you learn. Learn how you feel about it, or learn more about how it makes you feel. There is no substitute for experience.

To those who are waiting for something, life has no obligation to make things happen for you, you have to go out there and take it. Stop looking at things in such a grand scale, foundations are made one brick at a time. When you can believe that, you can feel opportunity hanging on to the second hand of your watch, bellowing you to move.

They say the world steps aside for men who know where they are going.

It starts when you start. Today is Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment