Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'm Alive!

How hard is it to know where you are going in a world with no directional references? When not being cliche becomes the cliche. When an attempt at ingenuity is forced to suffice one's need to be different instead of naturally occurring as it should. Enough aimless rambling... I think what I'm getting at is, it is hard to flow with the current of the world. So often I find myself swimming in the opposite direction and nearly drowning most of the time.

So how does one suppress this urge to swim against the current. Well, in a completely cliche, one-word answer -- Hope. Capitalized. I never knew what the word meant. No Merriam-Webster definition can satisfy the meaning of "Hope" that I have come to learn. It means putting all of your worries about the future aside because you believe good will befall you. Hence, room is left for preparation. I became engulfed in escaping mediocrity through any means possible. Avoiding the cliche. Hope means that one day you will escape mediocrity yourself.

An extremely insightful individual once said, "A man can go without wealth, and even without purpose, for a while. But he will not go on without hope".

Coming from the "trophy kid" generation where everyone in the developed world can be whatever they want to be, mediocrity seems like a joke. Then, somewhere reality sets in and you realize that you must actually find a niche, grow up, and ditch the fairy tale. Use hope to prepare and be all that you can be.

Excuse the cliche.

No comments:

Post a Comment