Friday, October 15, 2010

Is Bono really human?

Whatever poisons in this bottle will leave me broken, sore, and stiff. But, its the genie at the bottom who I'm sucking at -- he owes me one last wish.

The peak of the mountain always seems better before you reach it. I have realized, quite recently, that no matter how many achievements one may have under his/her belt, the fact is happiness comes from deep down inside. Pulling oneself closer to the person that you wish to be brings happiness. The vehicle for this is not always big achievements. In fact, it's almost always the smallest details in life. Why am I in pursuit of happiness using the wrong vehicle? I must redefine success. One of the hardest things to do is understand yourself and what makes you feel happy or complete. It seems a lot easier to inundate ourselves with material possessions until those possessions grow old and then aspire for more possessions. I, personally, would rather figure out the real secret to satisfaction and fulfillment. I guess where I'm going with this random stream of consciousness is: I want to rid myself of any vices I may have (I'm not sure this goal is attainable, as I have a beer in hand and am sharply craving a cigarette) and seek a pure existence. So, cheers to the nearly impossible; true happiness.

IM BACK,
Soccer-Tease

No comments:

Post a Comment