Sunday, October 3, 2010

different than we've ever been

Look back one year from today. Forget the fact that you probably haven't the slightest inkling of what actually occurred and try to focus more along the lines of what you thought you knew.

Worlds apart.

How is this so?

How can we feel the way we feel right now and know it will change?

How come in one year from now, we will look back on this day in awe of how little we knew and how far we have come?

I don't have the answer. I just know that it's happening.

From around the age of seven to twelve years old, our minds are more malleable than play-dough. In this precious time frame we can learn skills at an accelerated pace, and are more likely to retain and produce them more efficiently than in any other window of our lives.

Too bad we never learned how to cope with time.

It's crazy to think how different things would have been if we would get to do life over just once. I wish that I knew what I knew now.... or maybe I don't. Things would have been different, maybe too different. I might of been more careful, when I needed to learn. I might of been more distant, when I needed to feel. I might of been more restrained, when I needed to let go. All that I am is because of the decisions I made, at the time I made them, and we need to find peace in that or we cannot progress.

We are different than we've ever been. We know this. Young, and dumb enough to put our whole heart into something, and mature enough to know the difference.

Our whole childhood we are in a rush to grow up and be taken seriously, and the rest of our lives we try to bring back that feeling when we had nothing to worry about.

Well we've arrived.

There might not be fireworks and a welcome party but that doesn't mean anythings changed. Our whole life we have been preparing ourselves for the next step that we have been too distracted to enjoy the one we are on. Elementary preparing you for middle, middle for high, high school for college, college for the work force. Stop preparing.

This is your life, and the way you feel right now is how you are going to remember it.



Gray





No comments:

Post a Comment